Follow these easy steps to help prevent the spread of COVID-19
IMIT THE SPREAD OF GERMS AND PREVENT INFECTION
The Red Cross recommends the following steps to help prevent the spread of germs during this situation:
· Stay home if you can and avoid gatherings of more than ten people.
· Practice social distancing by keeping a distance of about six feet from others if you must go out in public.
· Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after being in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing. If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
· Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands.
· Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
· Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care.
· Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when coughing or sneezing; throw used tissues in the trash. If a tissue isn’t available, cough or sneeze into your elbow or sleeve, not your hands.
· Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, handles, desks, computers, phones, keyboards, sinks, toilets, faucets and countertops.
· If surfaces are dirty, clean them - use detergent or soap and water prior to disinfection. Full information on how to disinfect found here.
· Wear a facemask if you are sick. You should wear a facemask when you are around other people (e.g., sharing a room or vehicle) and before you enter a healthcare provider’s office.
According to the CDC, COVID-19 symptoms include fever, shortness of breath and a cough. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure. Call your doctor for medical advice if you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop symptoms.
To read more visit: https://www.redcross.org/about-us/news-and-events/news/2020/coronavirus-safety-and-readiness-tips-for-you.html